Just like puppies benefit from early socialization and training in a puppy class, kittens can also enjoy the play and learning in a kitten class. Enroll now!
Kitten classes will include fun and games for your kittens, basic training instruction including teaching your kitten to come, sit and accept handling and grooming tasks. We will focus on teaching you how to help your kitty grow up into a loving, patient kitty who not only enjoys your company but is accepting of grooming, nail trims, tooth brushing, traveling in a carrier, etc.
Kittens have a short window of early weeks when they are most "trainable" and can be easily taught good habits that will make your lives together much easier and more pleasant for years to come. By taking a little time now to teach your kitten good manners and to enjoy and accept handling and grooming, you will reap rewards for years to come.
Classes will be held in the evenings from 6:15 - 7:30 PM. Class leaders will be knowledgeable AMC staff members.
- Two Evenings of Instruction
- Avoiding litter box problems
- Preventing destructive scratching
- How to play (and how not to play) with your kitten.
- Discussion of health and wellness issues including vaccines and parasite control
- Safe and peaceful traveling to the vet, etc.
- Nail care (quick, painless and friendly nail trims)
- Dental health (how to make brushing easy and pleasant)
- Nutrition (maintain health and avoid obesity)
- Learning to speak your kitten's language
- Q & A sessions
- Basic Obedience Commands & Fun Tricks (Come, Sit, Give me Five, etc)
- Teaching Your Kitty to accept handling, grooming and veterinary care
- Kittens Aged 7 to 13 Weeks at first class. (Owners of older kittens are welcome to attend without their pet, but the kittens should stay at home since older kittens and cats do not enjoy the socialization and can become fearful or aggressive.)
- The entire (human) family is invited to attend along with their kitten.
- Training Toy Mini-Kit ($10 to $15 value) included
Class Times: 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm Tuesdays
Class Location: Animal Medical Center, 460 Hartman Run Road
Price: $42.50 (plus tax) includes a $10 to $15 value mini-kit of sample toys and treats to begin training.
- Class Size Limited to 6 Kittens
- Veterinary Exam at AMC prior to first class
- FeLK (feline leukemia) & FIV tested negative by a veterinarian (proof required)
- First Vaccines Completed at a veterinarian (proof required)
- Kitten is Up-to-Date on his or her kitten series of vaccines (proof required)
- Kitten has been in their home for at least 5 days prior to first class (kittens adopted through AMC are exempt and may begin the first day they are adopted)
- Parasite Control Required (No fleas, ticks or ear mites. Dewormer prescribed by a veterinarian administered at least once.)
- Kitten is not showing any signs of contagious illness such as diarrhea, runny eyes, runny nose, sneezing, coughing or any rash.
- Advance Registration.
- Advance Payment.
For Questions and Reservations
Call: Animal Medical Center, (304) 292-0126
You may also enroll online using our e-form.
To protect the health of all participating kittens, all kittens must have had a veterinary exam at AMC, tested negative for FeLK & FIV, be current on vaccinations and be free of fleas, ticks and ear mites to participate. Kittens must be currently healthy and not showing any signs of illness. A clearance from Dr. Zucker is required for any kitten who is currently showing any signs of illness at the time of class or who has had any contagious illness in the past. Please ask us if you have any questions about your pet's health status.
Please contact us directly if you need to check on your kitten's vaccination and wellness status or to schedule an appointment to update any needed services.
We hope our kitten kindergarten classes help participating kittens to grow into well behaved cats with good wellness habits that will last a lifetime and help protect their health and happiness for years to come.